You are here
Dr. Paola Grosso
Assistant Professor System and Network Engineering Research Group, institute for Informatics.
I am a computer scientists with a physics past. Long time ago, I got interested in moving data coming from particle detectors fast and reliably. This interest became a more general research interest in networking.
I am leading the activities in the field of Optical Networking carried out within the group. My current interests are green ICT, provisioning and design of hybrid networks for lambda services; development of information models for hybrid multi-domain multi-layer networks.
I am currently involved in the following other projects:
- Groene Software, which studies how to make the operations of data centra more sustainable;
- ENVRI, which builds an architecture for the common operations of environmental research infrastructures;
- COMMIT, which brings together leading researchers in search engines, parallel computing, databases, interaction in context, embedded systems and knowledge technology;
- GigaPort3, which researches novel network technologies to apply to the SURFnet7 infrastructure;
- GreenClouds - Greening ICT clouds.