You are here
Prof. dr. Theo Gevers
WP Leader for:
Theo Gevers is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands and a Full Professor at the Computer Vision Center (UAB), Barcelona, Spain.
- At the University of Amsterdam he is a teaching director of the MSc of Artificial Intelligence.
- He currently holds a VICI-award (for excellent researchers) from the Dutch Organisation for Scientific Research.
- His main research interests are in the fundamentals of content-based image retrieval, colour image processing and computer vision specifically in the theoretical foundation of geometric and photometric invariants.
- He is co-chair of the Internet Imaging Conference (SPIE 2005, 2006), co-organizer of the First International Workshop on Image Databases and Multi Media Search (1996), the International Conference on Visual Information Systems (1999, 2005), the Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME, 2005), and the European Conference on Colour in Graphics, Imaging, and Vision (CGIV, 2012).
- He is guest editor of the special issue on content-based image retrieval for the International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV 2004) and the special issue on Colour for Image Indexing and Retrieval for the journal of Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU 2004).
- He has published over 100 papers on colour image processing, image retrieval and computer vision.
- He is program committee member of a various number of conferences, and an invited speaker at major conferences.
- He is a lecturer of post-doctoral courses given at various major conferences (CVPR, ICPR, SPIE, CGIV). He is member of the IEEE.